8 Things You Should Consider Before Installing HOA Sprinkler System
Homeowner associations (HOAs) are tasked with maintaining the exterior look and feel of all the homes within the association. This includes common areas, as well as each homeowner’s yard. As you can imagine, this is a time-consuming task, which is why HOAs often look towards installing a sprinkler system.
When it comes to keeping your lawn looking lush and green, nothing beats the convenience of a sprinkler system. However, before you rush out and have one installed, make sure that your HOA allows it first. Before you make the decision to install a sprinkler system, there are a few things you need to consider:
- Cost: Not only do you have to purchase the actual sprinkler system, but you also need to factor in the cost of installation and ongoing sprinkler system maintenance.
- Landscaping: If your landscaping is already in place and you want to retain the look and feel, then installing a sprinkler system may not be the best option for you.
- Watering schedule: A sprinkler system is great because it allows your lawn to be watered on a regular basis, even when you’re not home.
- Water restrictions: Depending on where you live, there may be water restrictions in place. So, if you want to install a sprinkler system on your property, does that mean you’ll be breaking the law?
- The right system: There are many different types of sprinkler systems out there, and each one has its own pros and cons. Make sure you do your research so that you choose the right system for your needs.
- Installation: Unless you’re a DIY expert, you’re going to need to hire a professional to install your sprinkler system. This is an additional cost that you need to factor in.
- Maintenance: Sprinkler systems need to be maintained, and this cost will be included in your HOA fees.
- Wasted water: Sprinkler systems are great for saving time and hassle, but they do tend to waste a lot of water. Make sure you factor in the cost of wasted water when determining whether or not a sprinkler system is right for you.
If you’re considering installing a HOA sprinkler system, there are several things you need to take into account. From cost to water restrictions, make sure you do your research so that you can make an informed decision.